Friday, August 19, 2011

NFL Preview Team #4


The Bills, My second team preview for the AFC East.

Team Offense: 24th
Team Defense: 24th
Strength of Schedule (difficult): 2nd
2010 record 4-12

Chan Gailey returns to attempt to remove the Bills from the AFC basement. While I said in my last preview the Dolphins will have that title this year, the Bills won't be far off. My reasoning for this is simple, while there seems to be a decent set of building blocks developing in Buffalo, the firepower just isn't there yet. The loss of defensive leader Paul Posluszny as well as trading Lee Evans for nothing may limit the options on either side of the ball and force some unknowns to step into bigger roles rather quickly.

On offense, The backfield is serviceable and will improve this season, however the surprise connection of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson will have to star again. I believe this will have a negative effect on the stats of Johnson as teams will begin to game plan against him following his breakthrough season. I like Fitzpatrick as a fantasy sleeper or strong bye week replacement and I would avoid Johnson until desperate. I do have good news for Bills fans, I feel stronger than ever that the Bills are getting better and they may play .500 ball in 2012, but that's probably wishful thinking this year.


Surprise of the season: Shawne Merriman stays healthy

Biggest Disappointment: Stevie Johnson

Offensive MVP: Ryan Fitzpatrick (25 TDs)

Defensive MVP: Jarius Byrd

Record prediction: 6-10

Tyler Record Prediction: 4-12

No comments:

Post a Comment